Someone in our squad introduced us all to Sprint by Google; A five day plan to solve big problems and test new ideas.
This is a quick digest of how our experience went and what we learnt from it, but overall, we thought it was a great five day plan and will use it again. In fact, other squads have begun using it too.
What is Sprint by Google?
This was our introduction to the concept and after we all bought into the idea, we very quickly got the ball rolling.
- worked on our overall goal
- created lots of questions
- mapped the whole idea
Today we got to draw our ideas on paper and then pick the best ideas .
- focused on one small part of the process to create an MVP
- Created a storyboard
- The front end developers created a prototype
- As a team we critiqued the prototype based on our storyboard
- Went to our macclesfield office to sit with the sales experts
- Answered a lot of our questions from show and tell sessions of the prototype
- Refactored the prototype based on feedback from our Macclesfield sessions
- Crossed off questions that had been answered